Exploring the interface of health care, public health & informatics
- Pioneered use of Regional Emergency Medical Internet for disease and healthcare capacity tracking, including 4-state SARS Surveillance Project (2003)
- Led monkeypox outbreak elimination at epicenter of its first Western Hemisphere appearance
- Incident command, Wisconsin H1N1 influenza pandemic response (2009-10).
- Participated in Institute of Medicine and White House reports on biosurveillance
- Emergency response leader for Great Lakes Center of Excellence for Biodefense and Emerging Diseases (2004-8)
- Led successful multi-sector, multi-jurisdictional control of hepatitis a epidemic among Denver people who are houseless 2018-20
- Healthcare and hospital branch director, Denver COVID-19 response, 2020-21